10 Golden Rules for Security
E-Security – 10 Golden Rules
- Antivirus Program
- Personal Firewall Program
- E-mail security
- Operating system
- Physical security of your computer
- Password use
- OTP Token / OTP Mobile / OTP SMS – One Time Password technology
- e-keypad against common threats such as phishing and spy programs
- Personalizable security settings
- General user guidelines
High Security and High Limits with One Time Password Technology!
Smart Pin is the only "One Time Password" technology that provides high security and limit increase for you. Click here for detailed information.
For your own safety, do not share your one time passwords with anyone including bank staff.
In order for you to use the Internet securely there should be at least one antivirus and / or "anti-spyware" program against spy programs. Virus definitions included in this program must be regularly updated, your entire system must be scanned for viruses at least once a week. Virus scans play a very important role in catching spy programs that may infect your computer.
Personal Firewall program
Personal Firewall programs have the ability to control the network traffic directed towards your PC. Thanks to this control, you may prevent virus/trojan/spy programs coming over the Internet and that could harm your PC from being loaded onto your PC.
You must never open e-mails coming from people you do not know (especially those with attached files); or take into account e-mails that appear to be coming from your bank asking you to provide password / user code / financial information / account number / credit card or Tele24 card number or asking you to update personal data. As your bank, we would like to remind you that we will never request you to update your information or password transactions via e-mail. You can assist us in protecting our customers against acts of fraud by not opening the address extensions in such fraudulent e-mails, by not filling in the requested information and by notifying us as soon as possible about the issue.
Windows is the most widely used operating system in the market. No matter which operating system you may use, just as with antivirus programs, your operating system must also be regularly updated (in order to eliminate security voids discovered later). Please be sure to regularly perform these updates.
Physical security of your PC
The security of the PC you use for Internet banking is very important. You must not leave your PC while using Internet banking, if there any others using your PC, you must be sure that these people take the maximum care for security. Even when you lost internet connection, please do not leave your computer unattended before closing the Internet Banking window.
While determining your Internet banking password it is necessary for your security that you do not create a combination of numbers that is easy to guess such as your date of birth and that you regularly change your password. You must also pay attention that this password is not the same as your other banking passwords. You must not write down your password and user code in your computer or anywhere else physically, not carry it in your wallet, not share it with anyone else and not forget that your bank recognizes you with this password and user code.
OTP Token / OTP Mobile – One Time Password Technology
Use Internet banking with OTP Token/OTP Mobile/OTP SMS support. OTP Token / OTP Mobile– “One Time Password Technology”, is a service that provide a double layer security for Internet banking users and is offered for the first time in Turkey by our bank. Thus, you may create a unique eight digit one time password, for each time you use the Internet Banking. Created only once, this password cannot be used again by you or any other users.
OTP Token, OTP Mobile, OTP SMS which are products of One Time Password (OTP) Technology are free of charge for our customers who are members of ‘Limitless Banking'.
Virtual Keyboard against common threats such as Phishing and spy programs
The most common security threats for Internet Banking customers originate from password and information updating requests arriving with fraudulent e-mails and spy programs that are installed in the PC without the user being aware. Some of these programs, for example ‘keyloggers', copy every key movement used on the keyboard with the same sequence and transmit them to spy users.
Virtual Keyboard is not obligatory for Internet Banking but we provide this feature for more effective protection against these types of common threats. The awareness of our users of e-mail security has been reduced to mostly controllable levels with the help of antivirus / personal Firewall programs.
Personalizable security settings
There is a section on security settings in our Internet banking service. By defining these settings in accordance with your own wishes, if you wish you may close your accounts to money transfer transactions or you may restrict the locations where you will connect to Internet banking (i.e.: only your home PC) or time zones (i.e.: only nights). You may access all these applications through the ‘Security Settings' menu.
General user guidelines
- Use licensed programs in your PC.
- Scan programs you have downloaded from the Internet or those you wish to install in your PC for viruses.
- Exit Internet Banking always by selecting the ‘EXIT' command.
- Regularly check your account movements and credit card spending.
- Do not install programs whose origins you do not know, beware especially of programs with ‘.exe' extensions.
- Follow security warnings on our www.yapikredi.com.tr page.
- If your Internet access is via ADSL, turn off your computer when you are not using the Internet.
- Before starting to use our Internet Banking service, be sure that there is a lock or key icon in the lower right corner of your browser. If there is a suspicious situation, click on the icon and be sure that the certificate was created on behalf of our bank.
- Do not perform your Internet banking transactions on PCs whose security you are not sure of, or open to public use.
- Do not click on address extensions in e-mails sent from unfamiliar persons or establishments, do not install files attached to the message in your PC.
- Write down the address of the Internet page you wish to access on the address line of your browser yourself.
- In suspicious situations, you may call 444 0 444 / 0850 222 0 444 Call Center to get in touch with our Internet Support Team.