Yapı Kredi Sustainability Principles
Yapı Kredi acts with the purpose of creating sustainable value for its customers, shareholders, employees and all other stakeholders, and integrates this approach across its entire business models.
Yapı Kredi evaluates the impact of its sustainability performance on its business outcomes, and shapes its business strategy in accordance with the requirements arising from its sustainability principles. In this context, Yapı Kredi leverages the expertise of Koç Holding and UniCredit, its main shareholders, in the field of sustainability. The positive momentum of the sustainability performance is secured through measuring, monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities, which are continuously developed upon in terms of scope and efficiency. The performance in this area is also shared with stakeholders through transparent and effective communication channels.
The Yapı Kredi Sustainability Management System has been developed to ensure continuous monitoring and improvement of the sustainability performance. The system evaluates all business activities from a holistic perspective, and monitors them in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
All performance results within the scope of the Yapı Kredi Sustainability Management System are reviewed annually by the Sustainability Committee. Sustainability reports are published annually and are shared with all stakeholders of the Bank.
Yapı Kredi conducts its activities on sustainability as a part of its strategy to create sustainable value, and in line with the principles of;
- Identifying, measuring, and minimizing the environmental and social impact arising from Yapı Kredi’s activities, and disclosing to the public the results of such efforts,
- Supporting the fight against climate change,
- Serving the benefit of Turkey and the world by developing practices and projects in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the United Nations Global Compact, which is signed by the main shareholders of Yapı Kredi, Koç Holding and UniCredit,
- Proactively identifying environmental and social impacts of its lending activities, and preventing or mitigating environmental and social risks,
- Acting as a responsible organization in the transition to a low-carbon economy, and developing its financial products accordingly,
- Ensuring access to financial services for all stakeholders, developing new applications in this regard, and implementing activities for improving financial literacy,
- Creating an innovative and sustainable product portfolio that considers community’s evolving needs and pursues social benefit, and establishing academic partnerships for this purpose,
- Establishing an occupational health and safety culture at the Bank, preventing occupational accidents and diseases, and ensuring a healthy and safe working environment,
- Transparently disclosing its sustainability activities via periodic sustainability reports and increasing stakeholder dialogue by actively participating in local and international sustainability initiatives,
- Providing the highest contribution to social life and striving to create benefit for all stakeholders through corporate social responsibility projects developed with an awareness of corporate citizenship,
- Creating a business model that values the talents and experience of all individuals, respects differences, embraces social diversity and equal opportunity, values the opinions of all employees, and supports continuous training,
- Taking all necessary measures against all kinds of direct or indirect bribery and corruption based on the bank’s commitment of zero tolerance against such acts, forbidding and penalizing any instances thereof,
- Extending sustainability beyond the Bank’s own activities and across its entire value chain, and managing it according to the Bank’s “Responsible Procurement Policy”.
- Ensuring that corporate governance of sustainability is carried out in compliance with international sustainability standards through the “Yapı Kredi Sustainability Management System”, and pioneering the sector in its continuous development,
- Becoming a bank that creates mutual value and determines its material issues through transparency and bilateral communications with stakeholders.
The Sustainability Committee is responsible for following up, updating and implementing the Sustainability Principles, whereas the Board of Directors is responsible of approving and canceling it.
The Sustainability Principles, which forms a part of the Yapı Kredi Sustainability Management System, shall be reviewed on an annual basis and updated as deemed necessary. All changes and updates shall be communicated to Yapı Kredi employees and other stakeholders.