Two Stage Security with OTP Token Easy to use. Easy to carry.
OTP Token will not be available to use after July 4th, 2015 You can use other Smart Password products to login and for transaction approval internet and mobile banking.
Launched for the first time in Turkey by our bank for you, OTP Token is a portable device that creates one time passwords that you can use for internet banking login and transaction signing.
OTP token creates two stage security because you enter the one time password generated by your OTP Token after you enter your User ID and password. The one time password becomes invalid the moment you use it; so that it cannot be used again either by you or by anyone else.
OTP Token is easy to carry since it has been prepared in the form of a key ring. If it is lost, you can cancel it by telephone call and request a new one immediately.
What are the advantages?
- It ensures two-stage security,
- It is easy to use,
- It is easy to carry.
- It does not require any software; it works independently from the operating system.
Where and how can I apply for an OTP Token?
If you have another OTP product, you can apply to OTP Token via clicking OTP Token from Security Settings/ One Time Password menu. After your application you can set your OTP Product usage (i.e. one product in login, the other product in transaction signing) by following the directions on the page.
If you don't have any other OTP Product, you will be offered to select the OTP Product you would like at internet banking login after entering your User ID and password. You can select OTP Token at this stage.
How can I use my OTP Token?
When you press and hold the button on the OTP Token for approximately 2 seconds, your eight digit "One-Time Password" will be generated.
For login, you will enter your one time password to the designated area after you enter your user ID and password.
For transaction signing, you will be requested to enter your one time passwords to the designated field in the approval page.
Shall I pay any fee for the OTP Token?
You can obtain an OTP Token for 25 TL.
How can I receive my OTP Token?
Following your application, your OTP Token is delivered to the address you have indicated on the application screen as soon as possible by a courier and upon presentation of identification card and signature.
What should I do if the OTP Token is lost, stolen or damaged?
In such cases, please call 444 0 444 / 0850 222 0 444 Yapi Kredi Telephone. Your customer representative will cancel your OTP Token membership. You can then login to internet banking and apply for OTP Token again or other Smart Pin product you wish via the screen that you preview after you enter your user ID and password. Please note that 25 TL will be charged for your new OTP Token application
How long does the "One-Time Password" appear on the screen of the OTP Token for?
You have to use your generated password within 40 seconds and enter Internet Banking. The counter on the screen indicates how many seconds remain and at the end of this time, the OTP Token shuts itself off automatically.
What happens if I don't use the password I have generated with the OTP Token?
If you don't use passwords generated by your OTP Token recursively, you may get a "password error" in your internet banking login or transaction signing. In order for this error to be corrected and your OTP Token to be re-opened for service, please call 444 0 444 / 0850 222 0 444 Yaoi Kredi Telephone Banking.
OTP Token Manual
1. Step - Starting to use the OTP Token
- 1.In the first use, when you press your finger on the button on the OTP Token for approximately 2 seconds, the serial number of the OTP Token will be displayed. The expressions "SNR" and "INIT" will appear on the upper part of the screen which indicates that the serial number of the OTP Token is being displayed. This first eight digit number you will see on the screen is not a password but it is the serial number of the device.
- 2.These expressions and symbols are not related with your OTP Token use and are only for informative purposes indicating that the device has not been used before.
- 3.As a result of this operation your OTP Token will become ready for use.
- 4.Then when you hold and press your finger on the button on the OTP Token for approximately 6 seconds your first One Time Password will be generated. "OTP" expression will be displayed at the upper left corner of your OTP Token which indicates that your One Time Password has been generated.
- 5.In the next uses, you can generate your One Time Password by holding and pressing your finger on the button on the OTP Token for approximately 2 seconds.
2. Step - Activation of the OTP Token
- 1.For this, first you have to enter our internet branch by using your Internet Banking User ID and Password.
- 2.Click on the "OTP Token" option from the "Security Settings / One Time Password" menu. (If you are a first time internet banking user, you will be directed to this menu at the login stage after the entry of your user ID and password.)
- 3.Click on the "Activate OTP Token" button in the "OTP Token Application" page that will appear.
- 4.Follow the on-screen directions carefully and generate a password with your OTP Token. Then enter the OTP Token password to the mentioned "OTP Token Password" field and click OK button. Your OTP Token will be activated at the end of this operation.
- 5.If you have another security product, the usage of the products you have will be shown at the end of activation process. You can manage the type of usage of your Smart PIN products (at login/ transaction signing) following the directions on the page.
Step - Use of the OTP Token
- 1.While using your OTP Token at Internet Banking login, enter your User ID and password. Click "Enter" button. You will enter the one time password you generate with your OTP Token at the next screen. While approving your transactions by OTP Token, you will enter OTP Token password after your transaction.
- 2.In order generate a password, hold and press your finger on the button on the OTP Token for approximately 2 seconds. Thus, your one time eight digit password will be generated.
- 3.When OTP is generated, OTP Token shuts itself down in 40 seconds. A descending counter on the upper left of the screen of the OTP Token shows the remaining time .
What is Smart Pin Defined Receivers List?
For the approval of transactions, you can use one of our security products OTP SMS, OTP Mobile and OTP Token according to your preference.
The records at Smart PIN Defined Receivers List show the receivers who are approved by Smart PIN Password during transactions requiring money outflow.
At the approval screen of the transactions in this list, no Smart PIN password will be used.
The transactions those are included in Smart PIN Defined Receivers list;
There are four different categories of transactions at Smart PIN Defined Receivers list:
- Worldcard Payment
- Top up online.
An update at one category does not affect another category.
How is Smart PIN Defined Receivers List formed;
If you use our OTP Token for transaction approval you can see the check box "Ask Smart PIN Password for every transaction for this receiver" at the approval screen. This check box is checked by default. If you make your transaction while this box is checked the receivers will not take place at your Smart PIN Defined Receivers list and for the transactions for these receivers Smart PIN password will be used for the later transactions.
If you uncheck the checkbox, the receiver for this transaction will be added to the Smart PIN Defined Receivers list. You will not be asked for Smart PIN while making that transaction again. If you want to be asked for Smart PIN password for a receiver from Smart PIN Defined Receivers list;
You have to choose the receiver and click to the "Delete" box. You will be asked for a Smart PIN password for every transaction to this receiver.
In case you generate 10 passwords recursively and do not use any of the generated passwords to enter Internet Banking, a matching error will occur. In such a case, when you wish to enter Internet Banking you will get a password error warning.
In order for this error be corrected and your OTP Token to be re-opened for service, please call 444 0 444 / 0850 222 0 444 Yapi Kredi Telephone Banking
Battery replacement process
In case the the screen of your OTP Token is displayed poorly or a battery symbol is appearing on the screen, the built-in CR2025 3V battery should be replaced with a new one. For this:
- 1.Open the cover of the battery casing on the back of the OTP Token.
- 2.Remove the former battery and insert the new one. ( CR2025, 3V )
- 3.Close the cover.
After this, your OTP Token will automatically carry out the system adjustments and then it will shut itself off. To generate a new password, after the device is switched off, you can begin regenerating passwords by pressing the button and following the previous operation steps.
After generating a One Time Password the clock symbol on the upper left of the screen will show the remaining time until the OTP Token shuts itself off.
If you would like the OTP Token Password to remain longer on the screen, click on the OTP Token button for a short period (1 second) during the countdown. Thus the One Time Password will be displayed on the screen for another 40 seconds. Your OTP Token will generate a new One Time Password if the button is clicked longer than 1 second.