Client Information Notice Regarding Processing and Protection of Personal Data
a) Data Supervisor and Its Representative
According to the Law no.6698 on Protection of Personal Data (the “Law”), activities of processing all kinds of personal data relating to an identified or identifiable real person, personal data of whom are processed (“owner of personal data”), shall be considered within the scope of the Law. In this context, your personal data may be processed by Yapı ve Kredi Bankası Anonim Şirketi (the “Bank”) in the capacity of data supervisor, within the scope of affairs explained below.
b) For what purpose shall personal data be processed
Your personal data which are collected, shall be processed within the scope of the terms and conditions and purposes of processing personal data, as set forth in articles 5 and 6 of the Law, for the main purposes of planning and performing the activities required to customize the products and services offered by the Bank according to the preferences, usage habits and needs of the owners of personal data and to recommend and promote those products and services to the owners of personal data, executing necessary studies, by our business units, to provide the owners of personal data with the opportunity to benefit from the products and services offered by the Bank and conducting relevant business processes, performing necessary works, by our relevant business units, to execute commercial and/or operational activities conducted by our Bank and conducting the business processes in relation thereto, planning and/or executing the Bank’s commercial and/or business strategies, ensuring legal or technical security of our Bank and of the persons that have business relations with our Bank and providing business continuity and planning and performing the marketing activities carried out jointly with the institutions which are subsidiaries of the Bank/which the Bank cooperates with/which the Bank intermediates and acts as the agent.
You may reach detailed information regarding the purposes of processing of your personal data by our Bank, via the Yapı ve Kredi Bankası A.Ş. Policy on Protection and Processing of Personal Data (the “Policy”) which is publicly announced on the web site at the address of www.yapikredi.com.tr.
c) To whom and for what purpose may processed personal data may be disclosed
Your personal data which are collected, may be disclosed to our shareholders, subsidiaries, legally authorised public/private institutions and corporations, our business partners and suppliers, for the purposes specified above, within the framework of the terms and conditions and purposes of processing personal data as set forth in articles 8 and 9 of the Law and being limited to the purposes specified in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this Information Notice and in the Policy.
d) Method and Legal Reason of Collecting Personal Data
Your personal data are collected by our Bank via call centre, branch, ATM, fax, short message (SMS), business partner retailers, internet banking, mobile banking, tablet, our web site, DST (form or tablet) and similar channels, in electronic and/or physical environment, for the purposes specified above. Your personal data which are collected for these legal reasons, may also be processed and disclosed for the purposes specified in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this Information Notice, within the scope of the terms and conditions and purposes of processing personal data as set forth in articles 5 and 6 of the Law.
e) Rights of the Owner of Personal Data Set Forth in Article 11 of the Law
If you, as the owners of personal data, send your demands relating to your rights, to our Bank by the means laid down in the Policy; the bank shall conclude such demands, free of any charge, within shortest period and at the latest within thirty (30) days, depending on the nature of relevant demand. However, if the transaction requires incurring any cost separately, the Bank shall charge fee at the rate specified in the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. In this context, owners of personal data shall have following rights of:
- to be informed whether their personal data are processed or not,
- if their personal data are processed, to demand information in relation thereto,
- to be informed about the purpose of processing of their personal data and whether they are used in accordance with intended purpose or not,
- to be informed of the third persons to whom their personal data are disclosed in Turkey and abroad,
- if personal data are processed incompletely or incorrectly, to demand correction thereof and to demand notification of any transaction performed in this context, to the third persons to whom their personal data are disclosed,
- although their personal data are processed in compliance with the provisions of the Law and other relevant laws, upon termination of the reason which requires to process them, to demand deletion or destruction of their personal data and in this context and if their personal data are processed incompletely or incorrectly, to demand notification of the transactions conducted, to the third persons to whom their personal data are disclosed,
- to raise objection against any result which may occur to the detriment of a person, due to analysis of processed data, exclusively by automatic systems,
- if they suffer any loss due processing of their personal data illegally, to demand compensation of such loss.